Immigration Services

We help businesses, families, and individuals navigate the immigration process and reach their goals

Corporations / Employees
EB-4 Special Workers
Special immigrants are eligible for lawful permanent resident status based on specific visa categories listed under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The eligibility varies depending on the requirements for each category of the visa. To petition for EB-4 Special workers the employer needs to file Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
Family Based Immigrant Visas
Who qualifies as a special immigrant?

If you are a religious worker
US Government in the Canal Zone employee or Panama Canal Company Employee or Canal Zone Government Employee
Iraq and Afghanistan national who worked with the U.S. armed forces as a translator
Afghanistan national who worked for US Government or with Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan
Iraq national who worked with US government in Iraq
G-4 International Organization Employee or Family Member or NATO-6 employee or family member

The requirements from each EB-4 visa applicant are different but the general requirements include filing the Form I-360 with supplementary documentation and paying the applicable fee. Therefore, it is important to hire an immigration attorney to know more about each category to understand which one is most suitable for you. Our team of lawyers always stay updated with the recent changes in the laws to ensure that our clients get the best services.
EB-4 Religious Worker Requirements
One of the subcategories is for religious workers and ministers who have received job offers from religious organizations in the US. There are roughly 10,000 green cards in total that become available annually for the special immigrant categories. Not more than 5,000 of these can be allocated towards religious workers.

Eligibility criteria for EB-4 Religious Worker
To qualify as a special immigrant religious worker you:

Must be a member of a religious denomination that has a bona fide non-profit religious organization in the United State for at least two years before applying for the status with USCIS
Want to enter the US to work full time in one of the following occupations:

   A religious vocation either in a nonprofessional or professional capacity
   Solely as a minister of that religious denomination
   A religious occupation in a nonprofessional or professional capacity

Want to come to work for either a bona fide non-profit religious organization in the US or a bona fide organization that is affiliated with some religious denomination in the US
Have been working in the positions described from the age of 14, either in the US or abroad, continuously for at least two years before filing the petition with USCIS.

Either the US employer or you yourself must file Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant to request the EB4 special immigrant religious worker classification. It is advisable to consult an immigration attorney to make sure process is fast and error free.

Ending Date for Non-Minister Religious Workers Program
On Dec. 27, 2020, the president signed into law Pub. L. 116-260, extending the EB-4 non-minister special immigrant religious worker program through Sep. 30, 2021. Under this law, the workers can immigrate or adjust to the permanent resident by that date. Non-minister special immigrant religious workers include people within a religious vocation or occupation who work in a professional or nonprofessional capacity. This program’s end date also applies to accompanying spouses and children of these non-minister special immigrant religious workers.

This end date does not affect special immigrants entering the U.S. solely to serve as a minister, and their accompanying spouses and children

Our immigration lawyers have handled EB-4 special workers cases successfully and are experts at delivering quality services to complete the necessary forms and ensure that supporting documents are provided. Call Rijal Law Firm today and get your first consultation with experienced attorneys.

Our Affiliations

Skip to content