Student Visa Types

See which student visas you need to stay in United States.

Corporations / Employees

The United States of America is home to the most extensive higher-education system in the world. Access to prestigious faculty, world-beating research facilities, and a truly international student body all contribute to the hugely competitive nature of university admissions. Just getting a spot is not enough … international students also need to secure a student visa to study in the States.

lawyers for student visa

Several visa categories such as B1/B2 don’t allow foreign nationals to pursue any education in the United States, as they are strictly for limited visits. There are a number of non-immigrant visas, like the H4 visa, that allow foreign nationals to pursue studies in the United States but place restrictions on their employment eligibility. If you are interested in pursuing higher education in the United States while gaining invaluable work experience, it will be necessary to apply for one of the student visa options. Attorneys at Rijal Law firm have successfully helped countless international students gain legal status pursuant to admission into prestigious American Universities, paving the way to a bright future.

Types of student visas

Given the nature of the school and the course selected by the students, there are two main student visas available in the United States.

F1 student visa

The F1 student visa is the most popular and is intended for international students who want to come to the United States to study full time in an accredited school, college, or university. Not all US institutions are eligible to handle international students, so it is critical to take great care when considering your options. It will also be necessary to demonstrate adequate financial resources, as students must bear the costs of their tuition, boarding and lodging as well as their on-going living expenses.

It is important to keep in mind that a student visa is a non-immigrant visa and is only provided for the period of the course. Students pursuing an extensive educational track can also be eligible to get Work Authorization in their education stream, but there are specific eligibility requirements that must be considered.

If you are planning to apply for the F1 visa, we strongly recommend that you consult an immigration attorney at Rijal Law Firm. They will not only help you in selecting an eligible school, but can also explain the terms in detail, taking care to advise about any complications or actions that might result in the cancellation of your student status.

M1 Visa

The M1 visa is a student visa used by students intending to gain admission to a full-time technical or vocational course in the United States. This type of visa does not provide work authorization while studying, with exemptions provided for work done on campus, during full-time breaks or for part-time positions that are related to the education track or that are part of a practical training course. It is essential to note that M1 students are expected to pay their full tuition fee before the start of the school year.

Studying in the United States can be the first step in obtaining a world-class education and the better future provided by that. If you are on any other non-immigrant visas and want to go to a full-time school in the United States, contact Rijal Law firm today and book your consultation with one of our qualified attorneys.

Our Affiliations

Skip to content