Immigration Services

We help businesses, families, and individuals navigate the immigration process and reach their goals

Corporations / Employees
F1 Visa
The F1 student visa is the most popular student visa and is intended for international students who want to come to the United States to study full time in an accredited school, college, or accredited university in the United States. Not all US institutions are eligible or equipped to handle international students, so it is critical to take care when considering your options. It will also be necessary to demonstrate adequate financial support as the student must bear the costs of tuition, boarding, lodging as well as living expenses.
Lawyers for Student Visa
It is also essential to show adequate financial support as the students have to bear expenses of their tuition, boarding, lodging as well as living expenses.

F1 Visa work Authorization
One of the biggest advantages of studying in the United States on the F1 Visa is the ability to obtain a work authorization. Although the work authorization is restricted and not valid for an indefinite period, it allows the students to get the first-hand experience in the professional world. Depending upon the field of study, F1 students are usually eligible for two types of work authorization:

1. CPT
On an F1 Visa, international students are able to pursue full-time or part-time paid / unpaid work opportunities in internship positions. This program is called Curricular Practical Training, or CPT. Several educational institutions offer their students CPT from Day 1 of school. The work authorization offered by F1 Visa makes higher education affordable for international students as they are ineligible to get federal aid or scholarships. Students need to be careful while selecting an internship position, as any job accepted under this classification should allow them to put their academic knowledge into practice.
2. OPT
OPT, or Optional Practical Training, allows international students to stay and work in the United States after completing their studies and gain invaluable experience. OPT also enables the students to build relationships with their employers and pursue their path to a Green Card. Students on OPT are also eligible to enter the annual H1-B Lottery and are even given preference over other applicants. OPT by some courses (STEM) can be extended for another two-year period, which makes STEM courses extremely popular with international students.

F2 for Dependents
Dependent family members (Spouse and children under the age of 21 years) are eligible to follow their family member who holds a valid F1 visa. F2 visa holders are not eligible to get work authorization, but it is possible apply for their own independent status during this time, often as an F1 Visa holder so they can pursue full-time academic studies, or in the H1-B program so that they may work a full-time job.

EB3 for qualified workers
F1 is essentially a non-immigrant visa, requiring that the visa holder show that they maintain ties back to the home country, with intention of returning after the course of study is over. However, students who are authorized through OPT are allowed to change their status to other non-immigrant visas including H1-B (which is considered a dual-intent visa). This visa allows foreign workers to pursue an immigrant visa (Category EB1/ EB2 or EB3) and become eligible for Permanent Residency in the United States. If you have secured yourself a qualified job offer and want to pursue a Permanent Residency in the United States, make it a point to contact no one of the best employment-based immigration attorney in Dallas at Rijal Law firm.

Our Affiliations

Skip to content