A CSPA Lawyer Who Can Help

CSPA Lawyer

Are you concerned that you or someone you love will turn 21 before the USCIS/DOS approves the appropriate green card applications? Have you heard about a “CSPA age” and want to know whether or not you or someone you love is eligible? A CSPA lawyer from the Rijal Law Firm can help with all of that and more. We have helped many over the years to use the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) to be able to immigrate to the country. We can now put that experience to work for you. 

What is CSPA? 


Essentially, it’s a way to help those who would “age out” of applying for their green card as a child due to lengthy delays. With the processing times at the USCIS and State Department being as long as they are, many applicants grow older than 21 before they ever get their application approved. The CSPA is a way to rectify that. 

The CSPA has its own method to calculate a person’s age, the “CSPA” age. With this, some are able to be classified technically as “children” even if they are older than 21. 

If you believe this may be right for you or someone you know, we encourage you to reach out to us for help.

Am I Eligible for CSPA? 


You can be eligible for the CSPA if you’re unmarried (as there’s a mandatory requirement to stay unmarried to maintain “child” classification). Derivative applicants can include those with an employment-based preference, Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV), VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) self-petitioners/applicants, family-sponsored preference principal applicants, and others. 

Essentially, if you believe that you may be eligible for this, it’s worth it to talk to an attorney with experience to find the truth about whether or not this is definitively right for you. 

What Documentation Does CSPA Require? 


There are certain forms that, if you have filled them out in the year of 2002 or after, you’re eligible. These include Form I-730 (Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition), Form I-590 (Registration for Classification as a Refugee), Form I-589 (Application for Asylum and Withholding of Removal), Form I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker), Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Resident) and others.

How Can a CSPA Lawyer Help Me? 


For starters, look at the above paragraph. There are a lot of forms. Moreover, there are a lot of complicated forms. Any error or mistake on those, even small ones, could cause problems. We can help you to better navigate those forms, so that you don’t have to worry about those being filled out correctly as well as on time. 

Additionally, we can help you to calculate the correct CSPA age. So many factors go into it and the process can be described as “tricky” at best. With so many complications, you give yourself the best possible chance at a successful outcome by working with a CSPA Lawyer who has done this many, many times in the past. 

CSPA Lawyer

What The Rijal Law Firm is All About 


If you go to our site, you’ll find that there’s a page about CSPA, how we can help, and so forth. The main goal to us, always, as you’ll find at the bottom of the page, is that we will do anything we can to keep your family together. That’s what matters to us. 

See, our firm was founded and run by immigrants. We know what it means to immigrate to the United States and we know what it means to do so with your family intact. 

To schedule a free case evaluation to see how we can help, message us through our site or call. 

Share this article :

Our Affiliations

Skip to content