K Visa:

Fiancé(e) Visas

If you are planning on marrying a foreign national outside the United States or if your fiancé(e) is already legally residing in the U.S., you do not need to file for a fiancé(e) visa. Refer to our Green Card page or contact us for more information.

To apply for your fiancé(e) you will need to file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). If you petition to file for a fiancé(e) visa, you must know that:

  • You (the petitioner) are a U.S. Citizen
  • You intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States
  • You and your fiancé(e) are both free to marry and all previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment
  • You met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition. There are two exception that require a waiver:
    1. If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long established customs of your or your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice
    2. If you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you

After your fiancé(e) visa is issued, your fiancé(e) can enter the United States for 90 days during which your marriage ceremony can take place. Once you marry, your spouse may apply for permanent residence and stay in the United States while USCIS processes the application.

Loading please wait....