Employment Based Immigration

Find out which work visas you qualify for. Not sure, give us a call!

Corporations / Employees
Corporations / Employees

In order to work in the United States, it is necessary to obtain some form off work authorization and immigration status. The Temporary Work Visa and the Employment-Based Green Card are two of the most widely used examples of this requirement. Very often these legal protections are submitted by an employer, for a non-citizen in their employ, or for someone they wish to employ. Below are a number of employee-sponsored work visas that can be of use to both employers and employees.

Employment Based Immigration

Student Visas are widely used by students coming to the United States to study. Many such students quickly realize that their ability to work is constrained by the terms of their visa and seek out ways to legally work. The FI Student Visa, which does allow for a student to work while studying, is a popular solution to this issue. It can allow an international student the opportunity to explore work opportunities and earn some money, all while developing the skills needed to build the future you want, anywhere in the world.

L Visa

Foreign companies with affiliates in the United States often use the L-1 visa to transfer employees from international branches to postings within the US. Executives, managers and those in leadership positions generally qualify for the L-1A visa, while those who possess advanced knowledge and technical skillsets are able to utilize the L-1B visa.


If you are here on a temporary work visa or employ a worker that is here on a temporary status that is expiring, consider applying for one of these immigrant visas. The professionals at Rijal Law Firm are well-versed in coordinating with sponsoring employers, and can be an invaluable asset should you decide to pursue one of these options.


Some US employers make use of the EB2 classification, allowing those with advanced degrees to secure permanent positions in their field of expertise. Depending on need, candidates holding a Master’s, JD or equivalent, Ph.D, or MD can seek sponsorship from their employer in seeking this specialized visa. Prospective employers will need to complete the PERM process in order to justify the classification; this can be a complicated undertaking, but luckily, we can help.


The EB3 classification is the third preference category is for those seeking job offers that require two years of experience or training, a baccalaureate degree of equivalent, or other certain types of “unskilled” work (generally, “unskilled” is defined as jobs that require less than two years of experience or training in order to achieve proficiency). This type of petition requires a PERM Labor Certification. We highly recommend that anyone needing to request this sort of certification discuss the details with a qualified lawyer first.

Other groups eligible for lawful, employment-based visas in this category include:

  • internationally and nationally recognized artists,
  • scientists,
  • educators,
  • athletes,
  • motion graphic professionals,
  • entertainment companies
  • support staff in various capacities
  • temporary religious workers and
  • professionals in Mexico and Canada covered by relevant NAFTA provisions.


The employment-based immigration process can be overwhelming. The legal experts at Rijal Law Firm can help you navigate these challenges, with a conscientious and diligent approach to understanding the complexities of your case.  Whether assisting you in completing the needed paperwork, or gathering the countless documents, we will make the process of getting your visa as easy as possible. Contact us today and book your consultation with the best immigration attorney in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.

Our Affiliations

Skip to content