How We Can Help With an EB-2 or EB3 Employment-Based Green Card

EB-2 or EB3 Employment-Based Green Card

Are you worried about your immigration status? Do you have questions about immigration and aren’t sure who to ask? Here at the Rijal Law Firm, we’ve enabled so many over the years to start their American immigration story. From the biggest corporations to families and individuals, we have a proven track record of sitting down with folks and figuring out their immigration concerns together. Recently, EB-2 or EB3 employment-based green card rules have changed. As with so much else related to immigration, we’re here to help. 

Who Qualifies for a EB-2?

EB-2 immigration status is for those who have a Master’s, JD, Ph.D., an MD (or its equivalent), or some form of an advanced degree. Additionally, you have to show that you have exceptional abilities in science, business, or arts that will benefit the US economy, its welfare, or even educational or cultural interests. Even if you meet all of those requirements, the process can take anywhere from eight months to a year. As experienced EB2 attorneys, we can help to get things moving forward that much more quickly. 

EB-2 or EB3 Employment-Based Green Card

Who Qualifies for a EB-3?

This “Skilled Professional Visa” makes it possible for skilled workers and professionals as well as unskilled workers to be able to gain a Green Card or US permanent resident status. Only a limited number of these visas are available annually. Depending on your skills, you may be classified as an unskilled worker, skilled worker, or professional. There are a number of steps involved in the application for an EB3 visa. It’s also entirely possible that, if your I-140 application is approved, your spouse, as well as children below the age of 21, may be eligible for admission to the United States. Here, too, our professionals are ready to help. 

Transferring EB3 Work VISA to EB2 Sponsorship 

Recently, the USCIS (the “U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services”) announced that there have been rules changes in regards to transferring from an EB3 work VISA to EB2 sponsorship. 2022 guidance states that you may be able to transfer if you have continuously maintained eligible for the adjustment of status, you’re eligible for the new immigrant category, there’s a visa immediately available in the new immigrant category and additionally, your adjustment of status application is still pending, based on the original Form I-140. Should you meet all of those requirements, we can help to facilitate your transfer. 

Beyond an EB-2 or EB3 Employment-Based Green Card 

The immigration process can be a complex one. The sheer amount of paperwork can be daunting, with so many potential pitfalls along the way. However, it can be incredibly rewarding, too, enabling you and yours to live your life where and how you want. We’ve helped so many folks in your exact position to be able to better navigate this process. Now, we can put this experience to work for you. You can schedule a consultation with us at (855) 997-4525.

Share this article :

Our Affiliations

Skip to content