How to Get a Green Card Through Your Spouse (and How We Can Help)

Green Card Through Your Spouse

Do you want to bring your spouse into the United States so that they can live and work here? Are you looking for an easier way to complete the process? Trying to get a green card through your spouse isn’t easy, but it can be very much worth it. With a Marriage Green Card, you and your spouse can be together, taking the first step toward citizenship together. We have helped so many to do exactly that and now we can put our expertise to work for you. 

Know Your Eligibility 

There are some basic factors that you need to be certain of before you apply through USCIS. First, your marriage must be legitimate, therefore it has to be legal. So, your marriage has to be officially recognized by the government in the country of your marriage. Additionally, (and this may seem basic but you may also be surprised) you have to be married to either a lawful permanent resident or a citizen of the United States. And, lastly, neither of you can be currently married to someone else. If either of you were married before, you need to be able to show a death certificate, a decree of your divorce, or some other form of documentation. 

Send in the Proper Application 

If you’ve met all of the above requirements, the next step is to complete your application. Form I-130 (“petition for alien relative”) requires many of the forms mentioned above. There are also different forms depending on whether you’re living inside the United States or outside of it. Regardless, this is one of the areas where we can very much help. We understand how daunting the paperwork can be. So, to that end, we can complete it with and for you, so that you have everything you need to be able to make the best, strongest case. 

Go to the Interview Prepared

There will be a Green Card interview and we can make sure that you’re as prepared as possible. If there’s something that could be viewed as a potential “red flag,” it could come up. We’ve seen questions asked about if you and your spouse haven’t known each other for all that long, or if you come from very different cultures, and so forth. We can help to make it so that you’re as ready as can be for this interview. 

Green Card Through Your Spouse

More Ways to Immigrate Other than Getting a Green Card Through Your Spouse 

This process can be one of the swifter ones to immigrate to the United States. That said, it may not be the correct one for you. To that end, we can help you to find the best process for you and yours to come to America. For a free consultation with our experts, call (855) 997-4525

Share this article :

Our Affiliations

Skip to content