An employer files an I-140 petition for alien worker to become a permanent resident in the United States. Before filing an I-140, you get a PERM Certification first. A PERM Certification is a separate process that must be completed through the Department of Labor before apply to USCIS with an I-140 petition. You may file an I-140 petition with USCIS without a PERM Certification if you qualify under the EB1 category or alien workers.

I-140 Alien Worker Classifications:
•    EB1– Aliens with extraordinary abilities
•    EB2– A professional with an advanced degree or with exceptional ability
•    EB3– A skilled worker

See EB1, EB2, and EB3 for more information.

What you may need for you petition:
• Completed I-140
• PERM Certification
• Filing Fees made out to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
• Proof of the employer petitioning your application that they can afford to pay your wages
• Experience latters from the applicant’s past employers
• Degrees, certificates, education evaluations, and qualification letters

Loading please wait....