Immigration law is, perhaps, one of the most complex fields within the American legal system for a variety of reasons. After all, it doesn’t really operate in the same way as the rest of the legal system, for immigration courts are a part of the Justice Department, not the judicial system. Because of this, you will need to make the right call by reaching out to a DACA immigration lawyer who can properly guide you through a process like this. At Rijal Law Firm, we have the right experience to navigate immigration cases and your DACA application process.
DACA Immigration Lawyer
The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy, most commonly known as DACA, is an often misunderstood piece of legislation. It is, after all, a fairly arbitrary and controversial policy, which often gets thrown around by politicians on both sides of the aisle for confusing purposes. This is why it’s always good to rely on a DACA immigration lawyer who truly understands the policy. Here at Rijal Law Firm, we want to help those who are eligible for this immigration program so that they are able to better cement their own migratory status. So, first and foremost, let’s go over the requirements to make use of the program so that you can have a better idea of the terms involved.
To qualify for DACA, applicants must meet a few major requirements, although it’s worth noting that meeting them does not guarantee approval. These requirements are:
- Having unlawful presence in the United States after entering the country before their 16th birthday.
- Having lived continuously in the United States since June 15, 2007.
- Having been under the age of 31 on as of June 15, 2012 (born on June 16, 1981, or after)
- Having been physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making their request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS.
- Having had no lawful status on June 15, 2012.
- Having completed high school or a GED, having been honorably discharged from the armed forces, or currently enrolled in school.
- Not having been convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanors, or three or more other misdemeanors, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
Of course, as previously mentioned, meeting all these requirements won’t necessarily mean that the applicant will be approved. This is where you need to reach out to a DACA immigration lawyer.
Contact Rijal Law Firm
Here at Rijal Law Firm, we are dedicated to helping immigrants with their applications, requests, and similar processes. Our team is well versed in immigration law, meaning that we have the best possible knowledge and experience to tackle your case accordingly and give it the attention to detail that it deserves. For more information about how we can help you, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at (855) 997-4525, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by sending us a message through our website. We’ll get back in touch with you as soon as we can to help you.